Tim Clancy – Experienced in Criminal Defense
Texas Rising Stars Award Recipient 2011, 2012, 2013
Less than 2.5% of TX Lawyers earn this Annual Award
2018 Super Lawyer Award
Only 5% of Attorneys Receive this Recognition
Tim Clancy is an aggressive and ethical criminal defense lawyer you can trust to protect you. He knows the judges and the prosecutors and how the court system operates on a daily basis. He knows criminal law and will help you understand your rights and options. Put his proven experience to work for you!
Tim Clancy represents juveniles and adults charged with all types of crimes in state court. He has achieved successful results in cases involving assault, drug cases, misdemeanor and felony DWI, theft, federal cases, and white collar crime. His clients continuously refer friends and family to him because they were satisfied with his attention to detail, knowledge of criminal law and results.
In 2007, Tim formed an office association with his father Kevin Clancy and their current criminal defense firm Clancy and Clancy Attorneys at Law was born.
District Attorney’s Office: Tim worked as a felony prosecutor for the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office. He established a strong work ethic and quickly earned the respect of judges, supervisors, colleagues and the criminal defense bar. He gained a reputation for being tough but fair in the courtroom. Tim was assigned a wide–range of cases, including misdemeanors, juvenile cases, felonies and grand jury cases. He negotiated and reviewed thousands of criminal cases. Tim received invaluable jury trial experience on the misdemeanor and felony level.
Law School: Tim was a law clerk for the prestigious criminal defense law firm Hinton, Sussman, Bailey and Davidson in Houston. He established his research skills for complex state and federal litigation cases involving individuals and large corporations.
Tim interned for the 265th Judicial District Court at the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, where he assisted with felony cases and docket on a daily basis.
Tim was a law clerk for the top criminal defense attorneys in Dallas, which included Kevin Clancy; Jay Ethington, former assistant U.S. attorney; and James A. Rolfe, former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Texas.
- J.D. South Texas College of Law
- B.A. Texas Tech University
- H.S. Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Professional Affiliations & Legal Associations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCDLA)
- Tarrant County Electronic Case Filing System (ECFS)
- Big D Hunting Retriever Club (Big D HRC)
- Former Member, Texas District & County Attorneys Association (TDCAA)
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity
- Thompson Reuters Super Lawyers “Texas Rising Star” Award: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Special Prosecutor, Dallas County, Texas 2007
- Special Prosecutor, Tarrant County, Texas 2007–08
- Speaker at Southern Methodist University for Fraternities re: DWI and Alcohol Laws
Tim Clancy will answer your questions and give you objective legal analysis. Tim represents clients in the Dallas–Fort Worth area, and throughout the entire State of Texas, including all cities in Collin, Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Ellis, Kaufman, Parker and Rockwall counties.